This game is not especially complicated, also the games are short, so it will not cost you to get used to the rules. Some online casinos have some variations in the rules of the game, however, these are always properly explained. Despite the small variations that may exist, in dice games you can make two types of bets:
- The bet on the Pass line
- Betting on dice
In this game you can bet on the pass line or the dice. Below we explain how the bet works in each case.
1. The bet on the Pass Line
Before the dice are rolled, the player must place a bet on the Pass Line or the Do Not Pass Line.
- Bet on Pass Line
Players who bet on this option will win when the result of the sum of the two dice is 7 or 11. When this happens, the game will end.
- Bet on the Don’t Pass Line
Players who bet on this option will win when the result of the sum of the dice is 2, 3 or 12. These numbers are called ‘craps’. When this happens the game will also end. However, in some casinos when the sum of the two dice is 12 it is considered a tie and the money is returned to the player so that he can make a bet again.
When the sum of the dice is not 7, 11, 2, 3 or 12 in a game, the game continues. The sum of the two dice will mark or fix what is known as the ‘Starting Point’. For example, if the result of the sum of the two dice is 8, this number will be the starting point.
Read more: Play at the best new online casinos of 2020
Once the starting point has been set, the dealer will mark it on the mat. From that moment on, the dice will continue to be rolled and the objectives of the game will change:
- Players who have bet on the Pass Line will win when the number set as the starting point comes out.
- Players who have bet on the No Pass Line will win when a 7 is rolled.
How to win in this game?
If you have bet on the Pass Line you will have to get the sum of the dice to be 7 or 11 on the first roll. When this happens you will directly win the game. On the contrary, if the sum is 2, 3 or 12 you will lose the game. If the number is different you will continue playing and after the number 7 comes up for the first time you will have to get the number obtained in the first roll again (also called ‘starting point). You must achieve this before a 7 is rolled.
If you have bet on the No Pass Line you will have to get the sum of the two dice to be 2, 3 or 12. When this happens you will win the game directly. However, if the sum is 7 or 11 you will lose the game. If the result of the dice is different, the game will continue and after the number 7 comes up for the first time, you must get this number again. You must do this before the Starting Point comes out (the result of the first roll).
2. Betting on dice
If you prefer, you can also place bets on the dice. There are multiple types of bets, here are the most common:
- Come / don’t come . It is a type of bet very similar to the Pass Line / No Pass Line. The only difference is that the bets are made after the start.
- Supplementary . These bets can be made with Pass Line / No Pass Line and Come / Don’t Come.
In the case of Pass Line and Come bets, the supplementary bet is that the starting point will start before number 7.
In the case of the line of Do not Pass and Do not Come the supplementary bet is that number 7 will come out before the starting point.
- Great 6 and Great 8 . In this type of betting, you will bet that a 6 or an 8 comes out before a 7.
- Aces bet . You bet number 2 will come out.
- Twelve bet . You bet that number 12 will come out on the next roll.
- Any 7, 11 or Craps bet . You bet that a 7, 11 or a ‘crap’ number (2, 3 or 12) will come out on the next roll.
- Winning bet / Losing bet. In the Winning Bet you bet that one of these numbers (4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10) will come out before the 7. In the Losing Bet it is the opposite, you will bet that the 7 comes out before one of the numbers chosen by the player.
- Buy / Lay Bet . These bets are the same as the previous ones: Winning Bet / Losing Bet, but with the difference that the case will take 5%.
- Field . You bet that the result of the dice will be 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12 on the next roll.
- Difficult . You bet that a double number will come out, for example 2 fives, before a 7.
- Horn . You bet that on the next roll a 2, 3, 11 or 12 will come out.